The good news that Toyota employees had advocating for themselves was HUGE. And rightly so! It GOOD NEWS for once! A win for the people.
Many people would like to also take this to their HR and would like the actual source of the information. Below are the links to the newsletters for the source information.
The final step is to make sure that you sign up for StandUp Canada’s newsletter here for more upcoming information and please be sure to contact them if you need help. They do get back to you in a timely manner and they are a great help. If you have any problems please let me know. Click Here: https://standupcanada.solutions/
If you are presenting to your employer, HR or union please be sure to have a group that is in agreement to approach them together. A group of support will be really helpful for you.
I will also paste the exact newsletter below in the event the links aren’t online after awhile.
Our Latest News – April 7, 2021
As promised, here’s what we’ve been up to…and what we’re promoting.
Let’s start with some GOOD NEWS!
Toyota Employees Win Right to Decline Medical Treatment – Weekly Antigen Testing No Longer Mandatory
7,000 employees in Toyota plants in Cambridge and Woodstock Ontario have PUSHED BACK on their employer, who wanted to begin mandatory weekly Antigen testing of all employees effective April 5, 2021.
Here’s what a select group of Toyota employees did – they:
• reached out to Vaccine Choice Canada for a risk assessment for PPE mask wearing with risks vs benefits assessment
• reached out to Stand Up Canada for legal information on their rights to refuse medical treatment (VCC pointed them our way)
• compiled their own legal package and shared it with fellow employees to give them the confidence to refuse this medical treatment
• showed their HR department a video from the provincial government, exposing their test as being useless as per the government’s own health minister (July 2020, Public Health Physician Dr. Yaffe explains the “no-test order for Ontario teachers”. She admits to a 50% false-positive rate for covid tests. Here is the short video clip HERE)
• posed a lot of questions to their HR department about exposure rate of ethylene oxide (substance found on the nasal swab used for testing); in particular what kind of exposure could an employee expect to receive on a weekly basis?; what would happen if a nurse punctures an employee’s nose or the employee doesn’t know they have an allergy to this substance?; what if this employee gets a sinus infection from trapped contaminants in their mask around the shop from touching their mask 40 times every 15 minutes?; and what would happen if an employee were to get bacterial pneumonia?
• indicated that the masks aren’t designed for this specific environment and that NO risk assessment had been done on contaminants trapped in these masks
• indicated that if employees wear masks all day, that they can’t expel this toxic substance out of the nose
• pointed out that under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the employer is responsible for the amount of exposure to ethylene oxide that is airborne – not shoved deep into the nose of employees on a weekly basis
• suggested that they test only the sick, to limit the exposure to ethylene oxide
• advised that their physicians wanted to know the rate of exposure of this toxic substance
• stated that the employer would be deteriorating the trust relationship between employer and employee for a test that has a 55% false positive result
• indicated that the threat of sending employees home without pay (Infectious Disease Leave) if they refuse to be tested, would be a drastic measure only to be assured of eroding the trust of employees
• pointed out that they would be putting healthy people with no symptoms at risk of being unhealthy
• pointed out the glaring fact that this measure could cost the employer billions of dollars in legal fees if words gets out about health risk associated with these tests
• and ended with a single question, “I want to know who is going to be liable?”
Interested to know how main-stream media covered this story? It was disappointing with NO mention whatsoever of employee push back like this and issue of liability. Here is the story covered by Toronto CityNews on April 2, 2021.
Please SHARE this invaluable information with any other employees or parents of school children who may also be facing a similar situation with mandatory testing.
This is a remarkable example of how you STAND UP for your rights and PUSH BACK.
Congratulations to the employee group leader(s) at Toyota who made this happen. We are honoured to have been of service to you as you asserted your rights, along with the unity of help and information from Vaccine Choice Canada – a most treasured and trusted source in Canada for many years. Well done everyone!!
Our Latest News – April 13, 2021
FEEDBACK: Toyota Employees Who Asserted Their Rights – Weekly Antigen Testing No Longer Mandatory
We received quite a bit of feedback about this announcement in our last newsletter. Some people were concerned we over-stated the truth while most were elated to finally have some kind of win regarding the right to refuse medical treatment. Here is the truth. This is an absolute win for those employees. Their management was forging ahead with mandatory weekly Antigen testing of a known toxic substance. What they did was remarkable and we are so grateful for the precedent they set for all employees in this regard.
This was no small undertaking by this select group of employees. They did their own research and compiled it all, rallied together and confronted their management – not in an aggressive head-butting style, but with true fact-finding knowledge which was done in the spirit of “good faith”.
While this may in fact be a short-lived win, because of the now present and looming reality of employers attempting to enforce mandatory vaccines, this is still a win nonetheless and should be celebrated as such. We need to celebrate all wins, no matter how short-lived they may be. We need to keep the spirit of HOPE alive in our efforts to maintain the rights to medical freedoms in Canada.
…we are all being faced with incredible challenges to keep our rights and freedoms
We are all being pushed beyond our normal limits of what constitutes right from wrong
But the amazing examples of the undefeated Canadian spirit, found in our backyard – in our own newsletters, RISES UP when left with no other option but to stand up and fight back!
We are all capable of going above and beyond what we think is possible for ourselves; and we are doing this in the name of defiance to FEAR!